- writing materials and techniques
- the system of the Ancient Egyptian cursive scripts
- development and interconnections between cursive and monumental scripts
- palaeography of signs from single scribes, texts, periods, or regions
- any sources of handwritings and hieratic inscriptions
- text editions
- new readings
- manufacturing of and copying features
- layout, extratextual notes, corrections, additions, marginalia
HSO is open-access: All articles in this journal can be viewed and downloaded free-of-charge at the Gutenberg Open (University Bibliography Open Access Publications) platform.
HSO has an open format: Accepted papers will be published as soon as possible. We recommend that you use the CC BY 4.0 license (if necessary, however, it is possible to use other license formats). There is no defined publication schedule or deadlines. With support of the authors or editors substantial monographs or proceedings may also be integrated in the publication process.
HSO offers scholars the opportunity to include a large number of colour images where appropriate to the article.
How to submit?